Peter J. Holland, M.D.
Associate Professor of Psychiatry
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Building One, Room 232
Peter Holland, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry.
- 1975: B.A., University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- 1977: M.D., University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- 1977-1978: Resident in Medicine and Psychiatry, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- 1978-1981: Research Fellow in Psychiatry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- 2008-Present: Associate Professor, Department of Integrated Medical Science, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- 2004-2008: Research Scientist, Memory and Wellness Center, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- 2003: Medical Director, Radiant Research, Miramar, Florida
- 1998-2003: Medical Director, Boca Raton Medical Research, Boca Raton, Florida
- Kornstein, S.G., Pedersen, R.D., Holland, P.J., Nemeroff, C.B., Rothschild, A.J., Thase, M.E., Trivedi, M.H., Ninan, P.T., Keller, M.B. (2014). Influence of sex and menopausal status on response, remission, and recurrence in patients with recurrent major depressive disorder treated with venlafaxine extended release or fluoxetine: analysis of data from the PREVENT study. J Clin Psychiatry, 75(1), 62-8.
- Shikh, J., Cassidy, E., Doraiswamy, P., Salomon, R., Hornig, M., Holland, P., Mandel, F., Clary, C., and Burt, T. Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Sertraline in Patients with Late-Life Depression and Comorbid Medical Illness. Journal of the American Geriatric Society. 2004, January 52:86-92.
- Chapter on Psychiatric Aspects of Occupational Medicine. A Practical Approach to Occupational and Environmental Medicine; Third Edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Robert J. McCunney, M.D., editor. 2003.
- Llorente, M.D., Holland, P.J., ECT in a Geriatric Depressed Woman with Bilateral Frontal Lobotomy. Convulsive Therapy. 1996, March 12 (1) 36-40.
- Rapaport, M., Coccaro, E., Sheline, Y., Perre, T., Holland, P., Fagre, L., Bradford, D., A Comparison of Fluvoxamine and Fluoxetine in the Treatment of Major Depression. Journal of Clinical Psychopharm. 1996, October 16 (5) 373-378.
- Chapter on Psychiatric Aspects of Occupational Medicine. Handbook of Occupational Medicine; Second Edition. Little, Brown. Robert J. McCunney, M.D., editor. 1994.
- Chapter on Psychiatric Aspects of Occupational Medicine. Handbook of Occupational Medicine; Little, Brown. Robert J. McCunney, M.D., editor. 1988.
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology
- American Psychiatric Association Distinguished Fellow
- Palm Beach County Psychiatric Society
- Florida Psychiatric Society