Lawrence H. Brickman, M.D.
Associate Professor of Surgery
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Building One, Room 210
Larry Brickman, M.D., F.A.C.S. serves as the Director of the Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship (Medical Surgical Sciences) as well as the Director of the Clinical Surgical Clerkship for the third year students. Dr. Brickman is a general, vascular and trauma surgeon, having practiced in New York for 30 years. He continues to teach trauma care to military personnel through the Combat Casualty Care Course at Ft. Sam Houston, in San Antonio, Texas. During the surgical clerkship, he makes surgical bedside rounds, administers post-clerkship oral examinations and takes students into surgical cases. Dr. Brickman is the faculty advisor for the Surgical Interest Group of the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine.
- 1965: B.S., Zoology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- 1972: M.D. University of Brussels School of Medicine, Brussels, Belgium
- 1971-1972: Internship, St. Peter's Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
- 1972-1976: Residency in General, Vascular, Trauma surgery, Nassau County Medical Center
- 1975-1976: Chief Resident in General Surgery, Nassau County Medical Center
- 2011-Present: Director, Third Year Clinical Surgical Clerkship
- 2005-2011: Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- 2007-2010: Director, Clinical Surgical Clerkship at J.F.K. Medical Center, Atlantis, Florida, Regional Campus, Miller School of Medicine
- 1999-2005: Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery, New York Medical College
- 2003-2005: Director and Founder of Surgical Physician's Assistant Program, Huntington Hospital, Huntington, NY
- 2002-2005: Chief of General Surgery, Huntington Hospital, Huntington, NY
- 1994-2005: Committee on Applicants, American College of Surgeons,
- 1976-2005: Private Practice - General, Vascular and Trauma Surgery
- 1991-2001: Attending in General Surgery Residency Program, ST. Vincent's Hospital Center, NY
- 1976-1990: Clinical Instructor in Surgery, SUNY at Stonybrook School of Medicine, Stonybrook, NY
- S. Steinber, D. Mayer, L. Brickman, M. Wallack.Self-Expanding Kintted Polypropylene Mesh Facilitates Laparoscopic Inguinal Herniorrhaphy, Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques, Vol. 9, No. 4, 1999.
- L. Brickman, A. DiBenedetto, E. Warner,. Diaphragmatic Cyst of Bronchial Origin. New York State Journal of Medicine, vol. 82, No. 9, p.1359-1361, 1982.
- P. Vanderhoeft, A. Dubois, N. Lauvau, P.DeFranquen, P. Rocmans, R. Nelson, S. Kaufman, L. Brickman, A. Gyhra and P. EctorsBlock. Allotransplantation of Both Lungs with Pulmonary Trunk and Left Atrium in Dogs. Thorax, Vol. 27, No. 4, P. 415 1972.
- P. Vanderhoeft, P. DeFranquen, A. Dubois, N. Lauvau, P. Rocmans, F. Willems, S. Kaufman, L. Brickman, and R. Nelson. Anatomical Basis of Transmediatinal Surgery on Both Lungs. Acta Chirugical Belge, 69, 149; 1970.
- P. Vanderhoeft, F. Veith, P. Rocmans, L. Brickman, S. Kaufman, R. Nelson, A. Dubois, N. Lauvau. Radical Transplant of the Lungs. A Study of Different Experimental Procedures. Proceedings of the Societe Europaea Physiologica Clinicae Respiratoriae, Berlin, November, 1970.
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of International College of Surgeons
- Charter member of American College of General Surgeons
- Fellow of American College of Abdominal Surgeons
- Fellow of American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Member of Florida Chapter of American College of Surgeons
- Member of the Palm Beach County Medical Society
- Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery
- Certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
- Instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support (A.T.L.S.) for the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
- Faculty Staff for Combat Casualty Care Course at Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas.
- Faculty Staff for Boca Raton Community Hospital, 2006 to present
- Affiliated Assistant Professor of Surgery, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami.
- Director of the Surgical Clinical Clerkship at JFK Medical Center