MSCV Degree Options
Two options are available to students pursuing the Master of Science with Major in Civil Engineering (MSCV) degree: the thesis option and the project option. In each case, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is required on all coursework attempted.
Thesis Option (Total 30 Credits)
The Master of Science with Major in Civil Engineering (with thesis) requires a minimum of 30 credits that are completed under the following guidelines:
- Requires 6 credits of Master's Thesis (CGN6971),with successful completion of a thesis defended at an oral examination, AND
- Requires 24 credits of approved coursework with the following constraints:
- Minimum of 15 credits at the 6000 level;
- Minimum of 12 credits of CEGE courses;
- Maximum of 9 credits of CEGE courses at the 5000 level may be applied toward the degree.
All students receiving financial support from the department are required to complete the thesis option.
Master of Science with Major in Civil Engineering (courses only)
(A total of 30 credits required.)
- Requires 30 credits of approved coursework (5000 level or higher) with the following constraints:
a. Minimum of 21 credits at the 6000 level;
b. Minimum of 21 credits in CEGE courses; and
c. Maximum of 9 credits of CEGE courses at the 5000 level may be applied toward the degree.
The university catalog contains statements of regulations that apply to all graduate students, in particular are the sections on admissions and degree programs and requirements. Statements referring to foreign language requirements do not apply to students in the MSCV program.
Minor in Business
Students electing to receive a Minor in Business should complete 15 credits selected from the College of Business approved course list found in the introduction to the College of Engineering and Computer Science section of the university catalog. Up to six credits of electives may be used to satisfy this requirement, the remaining nine credits are in addition to the total credits normally required for the Master of Science with Major in Civil Engineering (MSCV) degree. Thus, with the business minor at least 39 credits are required for the thesis option and 42 credits for the project option.
See the Program Details for More Information