Spring 2021 Virtual Career Fairs
About Virtual Career Fairs
Fairs are open to FAU students and alumni only.
Please RSVP in Handshake ahead of time so that you don’t miss out on pertinent information regarding the event. All Career Fairs for the spring 2021 semester will be virtual.
For tips on attending virtual career fairs please visit http://fau.edu/career/students/virtual-career-events.php. Virtual career fairs (sometimes called an online job fair) is an online "event" in which employers and job seekers each meet in a virtual environment, using chat rooms, teleconferencing, webcasts, webinars and/or email to exchange information about job openings.
If you need any help polishing your resume or creating one, please stop by the Career Center. Click the links below to join the event and view the list of employers attending.
As you prepare to attend, the FAU Career Center is here to support you in your career exploration and internship/job goals. If you need any help with your resume or additional information about preparing for a virtual fair, please make an appointment to speak with a career counselor https://fau.joinhandshake.com/appointments/new.
Click the links below to join the event and view the list of employers attending.
Part-Time Job Fair
This career fair provides students and alumni to network with employers and learn about positions in various industries. Organizations are recruiting for internships, part-time jobs as well as on-campus positions.
Thursday, January 21
11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Diversity Recruiting Showcase
Many companies across all industries are focused on diversifying their workforce. Join us for this educational networking and recruiting event featuring representatives from multiple companies across industries to learn of the variety of ways companies are hoping to attract and retain diverse talent from Florida Atlantic University.
Thursday, February 4
4 - 6 p.m.
Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing Career Fair
Each year, recruiters and representatives from industry-leading healthcare organizations attend this event to share with you their opportunities.
Tuesday, February 9
9 a.m. - noon
This career fair provides students and alumni to network with employers and learn about positions in various industries. Organizations are recruiting for full-time and part-time jobs as well as internships.
Wednesday, February 10
11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Accounting Summer Leadership, Internship & Career Fair
This career fair provides students and alumni to network with industry-leading firms and organizations to share various opportunities in accounting, such as, full-time, part-time, internship positions and summer leadership programs.
Friday, February 26
9 a.m. - noon
Student Veteran & Employer Networking Event
This event is exclusively for student veterans and employers. This exciting opportunity aims to engage FAU student veterans to network with employers for job and internship opportunities.
Thursday, February 18
11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics Fair
This career fair provides students and alumni to network with industry-leading organizations to share various opportunities in engineering and technology, such as, full-time, part-time and internship positions.
Tuesday, March 2
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Social Services Networking Night
This networking event provides students and alumni to network with organizations in the social services industry. Various opportunities may be available such as, full-time, part-time, volunteer and internship positions
Thursday, March 18
4 – 6 p.m.
For information on how to view employers attending the Career Fairs in Handshake, click here
TIPS FOR ATTENDING A CAREER EVENT
- Research companies of interest. For the most up-to-date list, visit Handshake and click on Career Events.
- Get your résumé and cover letter critiqued at the Career Center, and be sure to print extra copies on the day of the fair.
- Attend professional development workshops and career events prior to the fairs, click here to prepare for the fair.
- Make sure to prepare an outfit before the event. For tips on "what to wear", or if you need a professional outfit, visit the OWL Professional Clothes Closet.
- Schedule an appointment for a mock interview, to practice answering interview questions and to help prepare your 1- Minute elevator pitch.
DURING THE FAIR
- Arrive early, bring multiple copies of your résumé and check in at the Career Center table for any questions while you are there.
- Establish eye contact, smile and present a firm handshake while introducing yourself and conduct yourself professionally the entire time, even when you are in line to speak to a recruiter
- Display confidence, enthusiasm, and highlight 2- 3 selling points that make you qualified, such as, your major and experience.
- Thank the employers for their time and ask for a business card for future contact.
- Visit multiple tables and walk the entire event before deciding to leave, you may be surprised and meet with a company you are unfamiliar with and learn about unique opportunities.
- Make notes on business cards collected during fair.
- Follow-up with a call, thank you e-mail or add the person you met on LinkedIn.
- Apply for on-campus interview or positions through Handshake (if required).
- Schedule an appointment for a mock interview, or attend an interviewing workshop to start preparing for the next step.