Setup Your Owl Mail in Outlook
Before you continue with these instructions, please make sure you set your Owl Apps Password.
You can use the same password as you do for your FAUNet ID, but keep in mind that the Owl Mail password is not synchronized with your FAUNet ID password, so if you change your FAUNet ID password the OwlMail password will not change unless you manually change it.
- Enable IMAP in Owl Mail:
- Sign in to Owl Mail.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right and select Mail settings.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Configure your IMAP client and click Save Changes.
- Allow less secure apps in Owl Mail:
- Sign into Owl Mail
- Click on profile and select My Account
- Click Sign-in and security
- Scroll down and set Allow less secure apps: ON.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and add an account.
- Select manual configure server settings.
- Select Internet E‐mail.
- Settings: name, full email address (FAUNetID@fau.edu)
- In the Account Type dropdown menu, select IMAP. In the “Incoming mail server” section, enter imap.gmail.com and in the “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)” section, enter smtp.gmail.com.
- In the “User Name”' field, enter FAUNetID@fau.edu. In the “Password” field enter your Owl Apps password, as mentioned above.
- Click More Settings, then the Advanced tab.
- Incoming server must be 993, and must use SSL3 encryption.
- Outgoing server can use 587,TLS4 encryption.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Make sure that “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” is selected. The radio button “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” should also be selected.
- Click OK > Next > Finish > Close > OK.
- You should now be able to receive your Owl Apps Mail powered by Google.