Calendar Sharing in Outlook 2010
Note: To share contacts or calendar, both parties must be Exchange users in Outlook.
Sharing your Calendar
- Open Outlook and click on Calendar.
- On the ribbon (top menu) select “Share Calendar” option
- A sharing request will open. Enter the user’s FAU email in the To: field.
- You have two options:
- Request permission to view the recipient’s Calendar – you are asking to get access to recipient’s calendar
- Allow recipient to view your Calendar - you are giving recipient access to your calendar
- Availability only- Time will be shown as “Free,” “Busy,” “Tentative,” or “Out of Office”
- Limited details – Includes the availability and subjects of calendar items only
- Full Details – Includes the availability and full details of calendar items
To Open up a Shared Calendar
- Click on Open Calendar -> Open Shared Calendar.
- Enter the name or the email address of the person and hit OK.
- The calendar will automatically open up next to your calendar and will be listed on the left panel under Shared Calendars.