Non-Degree Seeking Students
Thank you for your interest in non-degree graduate study at Florida Atlantic University. Non-degree courses can be taken for enrichment, certification, or to meet pre-acceptance requirements for entry into a graduate degree program.
The Office of the Registrar processes all non-degree applications; please visit the Registrar website or call 561.297.3050 for additional information.
If you decide to pursue a graduate degree at FAU in the future, it is important to understand the university regulations about non-degree coursework. The following provides a brief description about non-degree graduate study at FAU; additional information can be found in the university's academic catalog: http://www.fau.edu/registrar/universitycatalog/welcome.php .
- Certain courses may require permission from the instructor prior to registration. Registration for such courses must be done in person at the Office of the Registrar.
- Non-degree seeking students are not permitted to take certain graduate level courses.
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive Financial Aid.
- Graduate programs are under no obligation to accept non-degree coursework should a student decide to pursue a graduate degree at a later date.
- While graduate programs may allow some non-degree courses to count toward a degree, no more than 1/3 of a graduate degree may be comprised of non-degree courses.
- Degree-seeking students receive priority registration for courses. Non-degree students are only allowed to register just prior to the start of each term.
- Contact the graduate degree program to determine what courses non-degree students are eligible to take.
- Complete the Non-Degree application, and pay the $30.00 application fee online. Click here to apply as a Non-Degree Seeking Student.
- Complete and sign the immunization form, and return to Student Health Services.
- Check your email. Students will be notified by email once the application has been processed.
Payment: Please note that FAU does not generate billing for students.
All tuition and fees may be paid online at https://myfau.fau.edu .
Books: Textbooks and course materials are available at the FAU bookstore.
Bookstore locations can be found at http://fau.bncollege.com .
Parking: All students must purchase a parking permit in order to park on campus.
More information is located at http://www.fau.edu/parking .