Non-Degree Seeking Students
Thank you for your interest in non-degree graduate study at Florida Atlantic University. Non-degree courses can be taken for enrichment, certification, or to meet pre-acceptance requirements for entry into a graduate degree program.
The Office of the Registrar processes all non-degree applications; please visit the Registrar website or call 561.297.3050 for additional information.
If you decide to pursue a graduate degree at FAU in the future, it is important to understand the university regulations about non-degree coursework. The following provides a brief description about non-degree graduate study at FAU; additional information can be found in the university's academic catalog.
- Certain courses may require permission from the instructor prior to registration. Registration for such courses must be done in person at the Office of the Registrar.
- Non-degree seeking students are not permitted to take certain graduate level courses.
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive Financial Aid.
- Graduate programs are under no obligation to accept non-degree coursework should a student decide to pursue a graduate degree at a later date.
- While graduate programs may allow some non-degree courses to count toward a degree, no more than 1/3 of a graduate degree may be comprised of non-degree courses.
- Degree-seeking students receive priority registration for courses. Non-degree students are only allowed to register just prior to the start of each term.
- Contact the graduate degree program to determine what courses non-degree students are eligible to take.
- Complete the Non-Degree application, and pay the $30.00 application fee online. Click here to apply as a Non-Degree Seeking Student.
- Complete and sign the immunization form, and return to Student Health Services.
- Check your email. Students will be notified by email once the application has been processed.
Please note that FAU does not generate billing for students.
All tuition and fees may be paid online at myfau.fau.edu .
Books: Textbooks and course materials are available at the FAU bookstore.
Bookstore locations can be found at bkstr.com/faustore/home .
All students must purchase a parking permit in order to park on campus.
More information is located at bkstr.com/faustore/home .