Meal Plan FAQ

Do I need a meal plan?
Most on-campus residents are required to have a meal plan. There are very few exceptions that apply.
I don't live on campus. May I have a meal plan?
Commuter students, faculty, and staff may opt for a meal plan.
What if I want to change my meal plan?

Students have an opportunity to change their meal plan once a semester, within 10 business days of the start of that semester.  To request a residential meal plan change, please visit the link below to complete the online change form:

Click Here

For students residing at the Jupiter campus, please email Business Services at to request a meal plan change.

Why do I need an OWL Card?
All students are required to obtain an OWL Card, as it serves as your official photo identification, debit card, Owl Bucks card, library card, residence hall building key, meal card for those who have meal plans, and ticket to many FAU events, including sporting events. You will need to present your OWL card to receive the benefits of the many services offered at FAU.
How do I get an OWL Card?
Please visit our  Owl Card FAQ  page for information.
Does my OWL Card work as a debit card?
OWL Cards DO NOT work as banking debit cards. If you purchase OWL Bucks or a meal plan, your OWL Card will be used to access those funds.
What are OWL Bucks?
OWL Bucks is a convenient, prepaid declining balance account designed for students, faculty, and staff which allows account holders to make purchases everywhere that OWL Bucks are accepted. Anyone with an OWL Card may open an OWL Bucks account. OWL Bucks is a spending option at participating campus locations, including all on-campus dining locations, convenient stores, and many retail locations, including the Bookstore.
How do I check my Owl Bucks balance?
To check your OWL Bucks balance, review your printed receipt at the time of purchase or you may sign up for  GET  where you can check your balance, find dining locations on campus, and report your lost Owl Card.
How do I contact if I have a problem with my OWL Card or meal plan?
The Office of Business Services will assist you.