how to apply
- Apply to the Sociology MA Program through the FAU Graduate College here
- Check the status of your application on the Graduate College website.
- Once your application is deemed complete with the Graduate College, send the following materials to directly to the Department of Sociology via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as to our Graduate Program Director, Phillip A. Hough, email@example.com.
- Statement of Purpose and Writing Sample
- The names of two FAU sociology faculty members if you are an FAU sociology major or have two letters of recommendation sent via email
- Notify us if you wish to be considered for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship award
Fall Admission: March 1st
Spring Admission: November 1st
Note: Applicants who apply after March 1 (for Fall admission) or after November 1 (for Spring admission) may be admitted to the graduate program but may be too late to be considered for an assistantship award.