schedule an appointment
To schedule an appointment at The Speaking Center, students should follow the instruction below.
*For faculty and staff, please email the Speaking Center directly.
- Before you start, please note that it is best to utilize Firefox or Google Chrome as your internet browser. TutorTrac does not always display all the menus correctly if you are using Internet Explorer.
- Go to http://tutoring.fau.edu
- It’s going to take you to TutorTrac. Once there, log in using your FAU credentials.
- After logging in, click on Search Availability.
For Center, select The Speaking Center.
(If you are seeking language tutoring, please select CLASS instead. At this time, The Speaking Center can only assist speakers with presentations to be given in English.)
You do NOT need to fill in or change any of the other sections. Click Search.
All of the available tutors, times and dates will appear. Click on the time slot that you would like to book the appointment for. (NOTE: If your search does not return any results, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Please note the location of the appointment: at The Speaking Center (GS 225), online, or Glades Park Towers. If you book an in-person appointment but would prefer to meet online, please see the instructions below. However, all appointments designated as online are only available online.
- When the box pops up, under Subject, select the course for which you are seeking assistance. If your speech or presentation is not associated with a particular class, choose the blank space under the last listed class.
- Under Reason, select the reason that most closely describes the assistance you are seeking.
- You may also enter your phone number and/or additional notes. Providing more details here about the particular speech or presentation you are seeking assistance for and what you hope to achieve during your visit will help your consultant prepare for your appointment.
*If you booked an in-person appointment but would prefer to meet online, please indicate this preference here.
- Click Save.
Please feel free to contact The Speaking Center at email@example.com if you have any questions.