Announcements and Updates
The Webex issues for Chromebook and iPad have been resolved.
Here are key tips and resources to help you make the shift to learning online.
- Familiarize yourself with Canvas and WebEx and make sure you can access these resources on your devices (laptop, tablet, desktop computer, etc).
- Check Canvas often and reach out to instructors to find out how your classes will be held.
- Expect ongoing changes, and be patient with your instructors – and with yourself – as we all adjust to a new learning environment.
- Dedicate time for each of your classes, and be prepared to attend live lecture sessions if required.
- Be Cyber Aware and visit our Online Security Basics.
- You can access more great tips by visiting our Helpdesk Article.
Basic Tech Requirements
Hardware and Internet
- Devices to connect such as a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet
- Stable high-speed internet access (DSL, cable, hotspot, home or public Wi-Fi, eduroam)
- Computer Speakers
- Headset with microphone (highly recommended to reduce background noise)
- Webcam - Don't have a webcam?
- Turn your iPhone/iPad into a Webcam
- Turn your Android smartphone into a Webcam
- For students who only need a webcam, you can request one through the Library by emailing email@example.com.
- Students with financial need can request a laptop through the Laptop Computer Loan Policy.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Current versions of a web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Safari
- Note: Users taking online quizes or examines with HonorLock must have Google Chrome installed.
- Check out our Minimum and Recommended Computer Configurations.
- If using a Mobile Device, it's recommended to download corresponding Mobile Apps:
For a complete list of devices and their software capabilities, please refer to the document below.