How to Apply
Application deadline will open for GNTP 2021 class on September 1, 2020 – December 1, 2020.
Graduate Neuroscience Training Program Application
Thank you for your interest in the Graduate Neuroscience Training Program (GNTP) sponsored by the FAU Brain Institute. Please refer to our website for more detailed information and for links to the three PhD programs we support through the GNTP. The GNTP admits students once per year in the fall semester which begins in August of each year. The application deadline for this year is December 1st 2020 for admission in August of 2021. In addition to completing the application below, all applicants must also upload the following documents to successfully complete their application:
- Personal Statement/letter of application
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts
- Unofficial GRE Score Report
Although the full academic and research record of applicants is taken into consideration for interviews and admission, the mean undergraduate GPA and GRE of those accepted to our program in 2020 was GPA:3.4, and GRE (V): 155.7, GRE(Q): 156.5, GRE(W): 3.9.
International students must also provide the following additional documents:
- Unofficial copy of your TOEFL score report(Evidence of English proficiency)
- Course-by-course transcript evaluation which includes a GPA equivalent. A list of approved evaluation agencies can be found here.
- International applicants from non-English speaking countries and/or institutes must furnish evidence of proficiency in English by submitting scores from one of the following examinations: the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the Test of English as a Foreign Language – Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A university-wide minimum paper-based score of 500 (CBT-173) is required for the TOEFL, a score of 61 is required for the TOEFL iBT and a band score of 6.0 is required for the IELTS. Specific scores may vary between degree programs.
- Please Note: Applicants are responsible for making arrangements to schedule the test(s).
- Following are the exceptions for the English Language test requirement:
- If English was the official language of the applicant's country of birth.
- If the applicant was awarded a degree, whether associate, bachelor's, master's, doctoral or professional from a regionally accredited institution in the USA, a TOEFL or IELTS is not required.
- If the applicant has been consecutively enrolled in a regionally accredited institution in the USA for the past two years as demonstrated by an official transcript, a TOEFL or IELTS is not required (consecutive enrollment as of day of reviewing the application).
- If the applicant received a degree from a US regionally accredited institution outside the USA, a TOEFL or IELTS is not required. I.e.: American University of Dubai.
Additional information for international applicants can be found here.
Following review of applications and interviews, students who are recommended for acceptance into the GNTP will be required to furnish original transcripts (and an evaluation for equivalency/translation, if required), original GRE scores, and original TOEFL scores to the FAU Graduate College.
The GNTP online application is designed to give you the ability to submit all supporting documents in one form. Click here to review the full online form and review materials needed before starting the online application. Work is saved while the online form is open, but will not save work if applicant exits the window.
REFERENCES FOR GNTP APPLICATION: You will need at least three individuals (faculty preferred) who will provide an Evaluation Form and a letter of recommendation for you. Applicants must download the Evaluation Form and instructions. * Please note that in order to be considered for Fall 2021 admission these forms are due from the referee to the Brain Institute by December 1st, 2020.
Brain Institute, Research Office, Jupiter campus
Room 107, MC-17
5353 Parkside Drive, Jupiter, FL 33458
FAU Brain Institute, Education Office, Boca Raton campus
Bldg. SE 43, Room 103A
777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431