Check Your Financial Aid Status

After you have applied for financial aid, visit MyFAU for updates from the Office of Student Financial Aid in regards to missing information, award offers and satisfactory academic progress.

Step 1:  Once you have logged in to MyFAU, click on the Money Matters tab.  

View My Financial Aid Information

Scroll down and then click on the following link to "View My Financial Aid Information".

View My Financial Aid Information

Step 2:  From the Financial Aid main menu, click on the "Financial Aid Status" tile/box.

 Financial Aid Self Service Menu

Step 3: Select the Aid Year, if prompted from the drop-down list.

  • Choose "Award Year 2016-2017" for FALL 2016, SPRING 2017 and SUMMER 2017
  • Choose "Award Year 2017-2018" for FALL 2017, SPRING 2018 and SUMMER 2018

Step 4:  On the Financial Aid Status screen, students will be able to view:

  • Student Requirements (missing documents)
  • Award Offer
  • Academic Progress

To review your award offer to accept/decline awards, You will see a message stating "You have been offered Financial Aid which totals $X,XXX.  To accept/decline award click "here". (Click on the word "here" where the arrow is marked.)

Check Your Financial Aid Status

Step 5: Select the Aid Year, if prompted from the drop-down list.

Step 6: Click on the Accept Award Offer tab.

Step 7: After clicking on the Accept Award Offer tab, click on accept or decline for each award listed.

Click on the Fund Name of each award to display additional information regarding that particular fund.

Step 8:  Click on the "Submit Decision" button at the bottom of your award.

When you receive financial aid, you agree to fulfill the  Terms and Conditions of Financial Aid Awards .


  • If you will not be attending FAU, please DECLINE all awards.  If you do not decline awards, you will be fee liable for the courses in which you are enrolled.
  • You may accept a partial amount of an award by entering the amount in the "Accept Partial Amount" field.
  • Once you have made a decision on your award, no further updates can be made online.  Adjustments to awards will require students to submit an a revision form.
  • In some cases, if you will be enrolled for only one term and the award offered is for more than one term, then an award revision request may be required to update the award (i.e.  Seniors graduating in the Fall term).
  • If you do not have access to a computer, or you are experiencing technical difficulties, contact the Financial Aid office and a hard copy award notice or missing information notice will mailed to you.
  • Financial Aid funds are disbursed after the drop/add deadline of each semester.  Tuition and other charges posted to your student account will be deducted first.  If a credit balance results, the student will receive a refund.  Students are encouraged to sign-up for direct deposit.



 Last Modified 8/3/17