eLearning Course Development
In order to support faculty and increase access to, and enrollment in, eLearning, the Center for eLearning requests faculty proposals for eLearning course development and delivery. Faculty selected in this process will receive a stipend of $3,000 to:
- Complete a training program and develop an online course during Fall 2013 for use by the University.
- Teach the newly developed course as an overload at least once by the end of Fall 2014. The overload instruction rate will be $6,000 for full-time faculty and $4,500 for part-time faculty.
The stipend will be distributed in two $1,500 payments. The first payment will be distributed the pay period following course completion. The second payment will be distributed the pay period after midterm when the newly developed course is offered the first time as overload. The online course created as a result of your participation in this program will be considered an institutional work for hire and will be owned by FAU.
The program consists of six units delivered over 12 weeks and includes three face-to-face meetings scheduled on Fridays, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. The remaining coursework will be completed online. To be successful in this course, we estimate that you will need to commit 12 hours of work per week. Faculty can also receive up to six hours of individual assistance from instructional designers. Open lab hours with instructional designers will also be available.
Participants will need to confirm their working knowledge of Blackboard via one assessment prior to beginning the program. Instruction for this assessment and information on how to prepare for it will be forwarded to the selected candidates.
Proposals will be reviewed and priority given to:
- High demand courses with consistent enrollment demand over the last three years including summers.
- Courses deemed strategic in planning eLearning degree programs.
- Courses that are part of an existing eLearning plan within your College/School/Department.
Faculty interested in developing courses via distance must complete the above form. The completed and signed form is to be submitted to:
Interim Director of eLearning
The deadline for proposals complete with required signatures is Monday, July 15 at noon.