Getting Started – Admission
The checklist below is a guide as you prepare to begin your journey at FAU. For questions on TA, EDD, or VA education Benefits at FAU, contact (561) 297-4725 or firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Be sure you are using your FAU email (if applicable), and your Z# is included in the email
Before applying for Admission to FAU, please ensure your program of interest at FAU is VA approved (required in order to use your VA education benefit toward the program you are seeking admission or are admitted under). See the VA Approve Program Lists at FAU HERE
Apply to FAU (application fee & tuition deposit waivers are not currently offered.
- All military & veteran students must include an official copy of their Joint Service Transcript (JST) in your admission packet, when submitting transcripts to the school.
- Request your Official Joint Services Transcript from the: USA, USN, USMC, & USCG (all components) https://jst.doded.mil/official.html
- Air University: USAF (all components): https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Academic-Affairs/Registrar/
Complete FAFSA (mil/vet/dep students may be eligible for additional federal aid ) - students may be eligible for additional grants under FAFSA. Also, review the university’s Scholarship webpage and other external scholarships available to Mil/Vet/Dep/Spo students.
Transfer/Apply for VA Education Benefits – you will need an initial or updated copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) letter on hand to begin using the benefit at FAU.
GO OWLSLEY!!! You’re Admitted, Now What?
Complete all orientation/admission requirements
- Freshmen Student Admitted Checklist
- Transfer Student Admitted Checklist
- Graduate Student Admitted Checklist
Register for classes (you will not be able to register without completing all of the requirements in your OwlDone/orientation portal)