Terms and Conditions
The Phyllis & Harvey Sandler School of Social Work at Florida Atlantic University is an approved provider of the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling, the Florida Board of Psychology, the Florida Office of School Psychology, and the Florida Board of Nursing (BAP #50-6251), as well as the Florida Certification Board (#5350-A) and the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Many states accept CEUs from CSWE-accredited institutions in other states.
If you are an individual with a disability and need accommodations, please complete the Application for Support Services and submit with documentation of your disability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Student Accessibility Services (SAS) will process the application and contact you to discuss your accommodation needs. SAS requires that this information be provided at least two weeks prior to the beginning of your Professional Development Course, so that we have sufficient time to set up the accommodations requested. Thank you!
To receive CEU credits, participants must be present for the entire training. Partial CEU credit will not be given under any circumstances. Refunds will not be issued to those with partial attendance, or if CEU credit is denied based on failure to adhere to these policies.
- Select a quiet space to take the course where you can focus without distractions.
- Cameras must remain on for the full duration of the course, as it helps with interaction through the course as well as letting us know you are with us. This is required for course credit.
- We request that you remain stationary and focused on the training throughout, not otherwise multitasking.
- Given safety concerns, credit cannot be given to anyone who is driving during a course.
- If applicable, please ask someone else to take care of any needs that might come up with other members of your household while you are in class.
- We request that you limit consumption of food/beverages while courses are in session.
If a course must be cancelled or rescheduled due to unforeseen circumstances, registered participants will receive notification via email as soon as possible. In the event of course cancellation, participants will receive a full refund within 48 hours of that notification. If the course is to be rescheduled, participants may transfer their existing registration to the rescheduled dates or request a full refund. Refund requests received at or after the start of a rescheduled course will not be processed.
Refunds minus a $30 administrative fee allowed for cancellations up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds after 14 days prior to workshop. Refunds or transfers to other course dates may be permitted in cases of documented personal or immediate family medical emergency, when the same course is being offered on multiple dates, at the discretion of the Professional Development Coordinator. Registrations may not be transferred to another individual. Printed course materials will only be provided to those who attend the course. To request a refund or transfer, please contact the Professional Development Coordinator at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about Professional Development, please contact the Professional Development Coordinator at SocialWorkProDev@fau.edu or 561-297-6680.