Before You Arrive For Orientation
Please review the Orientation links on this page, including the most recent schedule for the week. It is your responsibility to use the provided Orientation Checklist to ensure that all forms are turned in, all fees are paid, and all deadlines are met. We encourage you to visit this page often for updates and additions prior to Orientation Week. The Office of Student Affairs will be e-mailing you to let you know of any special additions to the page that may require your immediate attention.
Click on each topic for more information:
Before you arrive on campus for Orientation, you are required to complete certain compliance requirements. It is very important that all requirements are submitted by the listed deadlines. If the compliance requirements listed in your Orientation checklist are incomplete by the due date listed, a hold will be placed on your registration, you will not be able to attend classes or clinical activities, and financial aid disbursements will be delayed until you have met all compliance requirements. We have contracted with a third party, Complio, where you will be able to access all of your Year 1 compliance documents. You will be receiving an email from the Office of Student Affairs, during the second week of May with instructions about how to access these documents in Complio.
- Friday, June 2, 2023 – Residency Forms due
- Friday, June 16, 2023 – White Coat Order Forms due
- Friday, June 16, 2023 – Final Official Transcripts due
- Friday, June 30, 2023 – Pre-orientation compliance requirements due
- Friday, July 7, 2023 – Complete VARK Inventory Survey and Health & Disability Insurance
- Friday, July 14, 2023 – Accept your financial aid award package before this date
- Monday, July 31, 2023 - Friday, August 4, 2023 – M1 Orientation Week
- Friday, August 4, 2023 – White Coat Ceremony
Save the Date
You are required to submit an official final transcript from every college attended in the US or Canada. All transcripts are to be directed to the College of Medicine Admissions Office. These transcripts are required to complete your official student record at matriculation.
Most transcripts can be ordered from your school online. Please request them now, don't delay! All transcripts must arrive in the Office of Admissions no later than June 16, 2023.
Failure to meet this deadline may result in delayed matriculation.
Please send transcripts to FAU Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine Admissions Office, 777 Glades Road, ME-104, Office #235, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Please feel free to contact the Office of Student Financial Aid with any questions or concerns you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review academic materials before Orientation Week.
- Year 1 Core Curriculum Textbooks
- Preparation for Biochemistry
- HMX Modules: Students will receive individual login. Please complete the modules by July 30th.
- Learning Inventory Survey: How do I learn best?
- VARK Inventory Survey Please complete the online VARK Inventory Survey by July 7th.
To open your MyFAU account, follow the instructions at https://accounts.fau.edu/registration/.
Spend some time becoming familiar with the various tabs and features and update your account with your current contact information. If you need help, contact the MyFAU helpdesk at https://helpdesk.fau.edu/ or call 561-297-3999. You can also contact the helpdesk at their toll-free number 866-885-8325.