Neurology Residency Program Leadership
Diana Barratt, M.D., M.P.H., FAAN
Neurology Residency Program Director
Dr. Diana Barratt is a board-certified neurologist and nationally recognized neurology educator. She directed a neurosciences course and neurology clerkship and has trained over 800 medical students and dozens of neurology residents. Her innovative educational modules have been peer-reviewed and published on the AAMC’s MedEdPORTAL--the premier online repository for medical education modules in the English language.
National and International Awards
- American Academy of Neurology Clerkship Director Teaching Award (2019)
- American Academy of Neurology Clerkship Director Innovation Award (2017)
- International Conference on Clinical Ethics Consultations Best Poster Award for Coma Simulation (2015)
- American Academy of Neurology A. B. Baker Section of Neurologic Educators Teacher Recognition Award (2015)
- MedEdPORTAL Editor’s Choice Special Distinction for EEG and Sleep Team-Based Learning Module (2015).
External Funding for Education Research
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Faculty Innovation in Education Award. Disclosure of medical errors in stroke patients: Development of a simulation-based curriculum (2019-2020).
- American Academy of Neurology Education Research Grant. Disclosure of Medical Errors in Stroke Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial in a Simulation Curriculum (2018-2019).
National Committees/Work Groups
- ACGME Neurology Milestones Work Group. Neurology Mar 2022, 98 (9) 366-372; DOI: 10.1212/WNL.0000000000013312
- Entrustable professional activities--A useful concept for neurology education. Neurology 2018;90:1-7.
At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, she spends 17 weeks a year running the resident inpatient service. In her free time, she enjoys kayaking/paddleboarding and obstacle courses. She continues to collaborate with and promote the careers of her former trainees, who are now living and working around the country.
Robert Bullock, MPA
Senior Residency Program Manager