Geriatric Fellowship Application and Selection
The Florida Atlantic University Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine Geriatric Medicine Fellowship is committed to a selection process that will recruit the highest quality physicians in an unbiased, transparent manner that is open to all qualified candidates.
- Candidates should hold a MD or DO degree and have completed an ACGME three-year internal medicine or family medicine residency.
- Candidates will be evaluated for interview based on evidence of aptitude and interest in geriatrics during residency training and/or practice with definite plans to include geriatric care in the practice of medicine upon the completion of the fellowship program.
- Candidates must be eligible for West Palm Beach VA Medical Center Staff privileges.
- Candidates must be able to abide by the rules of the FAU Geriatrics Fellowship Program and West Palm Beach VA Medical Center
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent academic and clinical performance in residency training defined on the basis of standardized examination scores and program director evaluations.
- Efforts are made to recruit candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent leadership skills demonstrated in residency training or practice.
We require the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of USMLE Steps 1, 2, 3 score report (or COMLEX-USA)
- Copy of ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation (one must be from the Residency Program Director), with contact information (phone numbers) Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Fellow Application and Selection 2
- Personal Statement (one page).
- Copy of Medical School Diploma
- Copy of Residency Completion Certificate (or letter stating they are due to complete their residency training by matriculation into the fellowship)
- Copy of Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Board Certification (if candidate has completed residency training more than two years ago)
Please send these materials by email to the following individuals: