Mission, Vision & Values
The Mission of the Dr. Daniel B. Weppner Center for LEAD and Service-Learning (WCLSL) is to empower students to be active citizen leaders through sustainable curricular and co-curricular service-learning and leadership education and development opportunities in reciprocity with the global community.
The Weppner Center for LEAD and Service-Learning is a premier Center focused on developing civically responsible students and the university resource from which students become empowered, engaged and ethical servant leaders inspired to change the world.
Our Values: Empowerment, Learning, Leadership, Service, Reciprocity
The following is a statement to explain our way of viewing and living these values.
Our core values are our identity.
- We strive to empower students to realize their potential and know that they are leaders who can make a difference to better themselves, their spheres of influence and the larger society.
- We believe that leadership is learned. It is cultivated through an ongoing process. In order to lead and serve effectively, one must establish their leadership brand with integrity, service and character. Students, once self-aware, can reach new heights with this understanding and strive to be better versions of themselves toserve community and make those around them stronger. Leadership is a relationship and informs our work with students and the larger FAU community.
- Our purpose is to provide leadership and service opportunities that aid in the development of active citizens.
We will connect with the global community to enhance reciprocity and promote positive change.
- Self-Awareness as a Leader: Leadership is learned. Once a student makes a commitment to open themselves to our programs and opportunities, they can be changed into a more effective version of themselves.
- Leading and Teams: Leadership is a relationship. Our programs center on creating shared aspirations with teams and fostering communities of productivity and progress in dynamic times.
- Leading and Serving Our World: Leadership and service is everyone’s business. The opportunities LEAD and Service-Learning facilitate will challenge students to think bigger with consideration of global implications.