Apply to the Intensive English Institute
The Intensive English Institute welcomes applications from students with any level of English from beginner to advanced who are at least 16 years of age and who have completed high school or its equivalent. Students receive instruction in-person. IEI follows FAU COVID-19 safety guidelines for on-campus courses and related activities.
Academic Track (English for Academic Purposes) Program
The Academic Track program is designed for English Language Learners who hope to further their studies, and pursue an academic degree. It is a full-time, intensive program and requires students to study a minimum of 20 hours a week.
The Academic Track Program offers the following:
- 6 levels of English for Academic Purposes coursework
- IEI Bridge Program to FAU degree courses
- Option to apply for on-campus housing and meal plans
- Access to university academic support services and resources
- Cultural activities, professional development workshops, and student engagement program
- Complete the online application HERE and submit the $125 non-refundable application fee
- Receive notification from the Intensive English Institute Staff. You will learn about the steps you need to follow in order to complete the next steps. These include:
- Submission of unofficial transcripts
- Payment of administrative fees
- Completion of FAU's Application
- Submission of documentation to begin I-20 process (if necessary)