NSF I-corps at Florida Atlantic
The NSF I-corps at Florida Atlantic regional cohort curriculum is a four-week program for faculty and student teams interested in grant proposals from the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and/or Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), professional development, developing and/or commercializing their research.
This course consists of a kickoff workshop, customer discovery interviews, an SBIR/STTR grant overview and a one-day finale workshop.
Participants walk away with:
- Funding for travel to conferences and symposiums
- SBIR/STTR Grant Support
- Eligibility to apply for a $50,000 National I-Corps grant for continued customer discovery
- Skills for qualitative data gathering
- Introduction to the business model canvas
- Path to develop research innovation and potential customers
- Prerequisite to Florida Atlantic's Tech Runway Venture Class
Cohorts run multiple times per year during the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters
Jan. 30 is the first day of kickoff 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Jan. 31 is the second day of kickoff 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
One instructor check in meeting required, and interviews conducted during Feb. 1 through March 8.
March 12 is the finale 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Any questions, contact email@example.com.
NSF I-corps at Florida Atlantic is part of the Florida Atlantic Innovation and Business Development pipeline. For more information, visit www.fau.edu/innovation-and-business-development. Click on "request info" to get started.