NSF I-Corps at FAU
The NSF I-Corps at FAU regional cohort curriculum is a four-week program for faculty and student teams interested in grant proposals from the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and/or Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), professional development, developing and/or commercializing their research.
This course consists of a kickoff workshop, customer discovery interviews, an SBIR/STTR grant overview and a one-day finale workshop.
Participants walk away with:
- Funding for travel to conferences and symposiums
- SBIR/STTR Grant Support
- Eligibility to apply for a $50,000 National I-Corps grant for continued customer discovery
- Skills for qualitative data gathering
- Introduction to the business model canvas
- Path to develop research innovation and potential customers
- Prerequisite to FAU's Tech Runway Venture Class
Cohorts run multiple times per year during the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters
Upcoming cohort: September 21 through October 27
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on September 21 and September 22, 2022, held virtually
One instructor check in meeting: September 26 through October 24
Finale: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm on October 27, held virtually
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Any questions, contact Regina Thompson at email@example.com.
NSF I-Corps at FAU is part of the FAU Innovation and Business Development pipeline. For more information, visit www.fau.edu/innovation-and-business-development. Click on "request info" to get started.