FAU Harbor Branch Speakers Bureau
The FAU Harbor Branch Speakers Bureau program allows community organizations to request presentations from our faculty, staff, and graduate students. We offer both off-site and virtual lectures and can accommodate a wide variety of different groups. To request a speaker for your group or event, please fill out the request form using the link below.
FAU Harbor Branch scientists conduct research under many different marine science disciplines. To find the best option for you and your group, check out the list below!
Speakers Bureau Topics
This overview presentation provides a look at our achievements over the past 50 years, our current endeavors, and ways that you can get involved in our mission of Ocean Science for a Better World®.
Presentations within this topic can include information about the diverse habitats and animals we study as well as the conservation and management strategies being developed.
- Coral Reef Discovery and Conservation
- Climate Change and Global Warming
- Fisheries Ecology and Conservation
- Water Quality and Marine Sediments
- Marine Mammals and Wildlife
- Seagrass and Algae
Presentations within this topic can include information about the connection between ocean health and people around the world. This ranges from discovering medicines to assessing environmental hazards.
- Marine Biomedical and Biotechnology
- Marine Plastics, Pollutants, and Toxins
- Climate Change Impacts
- Harmful Algal Blooms
Presentations within this topic can include information about the global demand for seafood, the species we grow and study, and the novel aquaculture technologies we develop.
- Aquatic Animal Health and Fish Nutrition
- Technology Development
- Seaweed and Sea Vegetable Cultivation
- Sustainable Seafood
Presentations within this topic can include information about the technology we develop to explore the oceans, enhance national security, and conserve marine resources.
- Ocean Optics and Remote Sensing
- Ocean Dynamics and Modeling
- Ocean Exploration
- Ocean Engineering and Technology
Presentations within this topic can include information on our unique hands-on programs that foster ocean literacy and contribute to our mission of Ocean Science for a Better World®.
- Dolphin Spotter Citizen Science Program
- Educational Opportunities for College Students