College of Education Student Teaching
The Office for Academic and Student Services (OASS) provides the connection between our teacher candidates and local service school districts. Our current relationships exist with the following School Districts: Broward, Palm Beach, Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, and Okeechobee. As part of our teacher preparation program requirements, students participate in a full-time capstone experience within school district classrooms.
All placements must be arranged through our office
Qualifications for Student Teaching
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Passing Scores on all sections of the Florida Teacher Certification Exam (FTCE)
- Successful completion of all degree coursework
- Complete student teaching application
- Successful completion of district security clearance process
Important Application Dates
Due to several changes and delays to the student teaching placement process, the application for Fall 2021 will open on January 14th, 2021. Please continue to monitor this page for updated information.
Application Instructions – Both Steps must be completed by the Posted Application Due Date
- Complete the Online Placement Application
- Turn in 1 copy of passing FTCE (Subject Area AND Professional Ed.) Scores OR evidence of a test registration date to any Office for Academic and Student Services Office.