How We Can Help You and Your School
FAU CARD provides free consultation, training, and support to individuals with autism and related disabilities, their families, and the professionals working with them. We offer registered students of FAU CARD direct support and service for their teachers and other school personnel working with them.
Through observing students in their natural environments, FAU CARD clinicians are able to assist in identifying effective strategies to address areas of concern and provide training and technical assistance needed for implementation.
Providing consultation for both school personnel and families allows FAU CARD clinicians to better support the student in generalizing important skills across environments.
What We Do
- Support teams in identifying and implementing effective strategies to increase successful inclusion of students with ASD across school environments
- Provide training and technical assistance to school staff interacting with students with ASD
- Support the implementation of positive behavioral supports
- Provide evidence-based recommendations for increasing engagement and participation in various academic activities
- Provide district, school, and role specific trainings. Some commonly requested topics:
- Overview and Signs of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Managing Challenging Behavior
- Strategies for Successful Inclusion
- Visual Supports for Increasing Independence
- And much more!
What We Don't Do
It is important to recognize that there are some activities beyond the scope of our work. These include the following:
- Serve as members of the IEP Development Team
- Serve the role of professional advocate
- Conduct evaluations or diagnostic assessments for students
- Participate in performance evaluations of school personnel
- Provide ongoing direct therapy services