Applying to Honoring Outstanding Owl Teachers (HOOT)
Students who are interested in obtaining a Bachelor’s in Exceptional Student Education (ESE) with an honors designation on their transcript, and who meet the qualifications listed below, are invited to apply.
- Have not yet completed their junior year in the ESE program;
- Are fully admitted and programmed in the ESE program;
- Hold a 3.5 cumulative (overall) GPA.
To apply to the program, students must submit a completed:
- ESE Program Sheet;
- Letter of recommendation from their ESE faculty advisor; and
- Submit a completed application form and the required documents to the honors coordinator.
- Copy of unofficial transcript.
To graduate with ESE Honors in the Major designation, you will need to:
- Maintain GPA requirement;
- Complete three semesters of Enrichment Options (see HOOT Program Handbook);
- Complete the Honors Compact during your Student Teaching semester;
- Complete the Honors Seminar in ESE during senior year
- Complete all HOOT program requirements.
Applications for Fall semester admission are due on September 15 of your Junior Year. Applications for Spring semester admission are due on January 15 of your Junior Year.
For additional information about the ESE’s Honors in the Major, HOOT, please contact the program’s coordinators, Dr. Sharon M. Darling at firstname.lastname@example.org, Dr. Charles Dukes (email@example.com), or Dr. Lisa Finnegan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See our Recruitment Flyer here.