Become a Tutor
If you are interested in becoming a tutor on the Center for Learning and Student Success Academic Support Team, please read the following information before completing the application:
FAU's Undergraduate Studies Academic Support Team is currently looking to hire tutors for all subject areas and courses. Examples of some of the areas that we hire for include:
- Science (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Psychology, etc.)
- Business (Finance, Management, Accounting, Quantative Methods, etc.)
- Engineering & Computer Science (Electrical, Mechanical, Ocean, Computer Science, etc.)
- Languages (Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Japanese, etc.)
If you believe you can tutor in a wide range of courses that fall under any of the headings listed above, you may be a great fit for FAU's Academic Support Team!
Ready to Apply?
DEADLINES for Priority Review:
Spring - Early October
Summer - Mid-February
Fall - Mid-May
Please read the following information prior to applying for any of our positions:
- Review information regarding the CLASS Tutoring program.
- To be considered, you must have earned an A or A- in the course for which you're applying. Additionally, you must maintain a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Pre-Semester Training is mandatory for all new and returning academic support team members. Please plan accordingly if you want a position on the FAU Undergraduate Studies Academic Support Team.
- Mandatory team meetings/trainings will be held on specified Fridays from 3:30 pm-5:30 pm throughout the semester. If your schedule can accommodate these times to be free, we suggest you make that accommodation.
- Be available for the mandatory meetings/trainings. Overall availability may make the difference in hiring one equally qualified person over another.
- Attend sessions now. Get to know the program. Research FAU's academic support programs. The more you know coming into an interview, the better off you'll be.
- Register for your classes as soon as possible. Make appointments with appropriate advisors well in advance of your registration date.
- If invited for an interview, be on-time and ready to impress. The applicant pool is traditionally very competitive, so be ready to shine as brightly as possible.
- Be yourself!