Become a Tutor
If you are interested in becoming a tutor on the Center for Learning and Student Success Academic Support Team, please read the following information before completing the application:
FAU's Undergraduate Studies Academic Support Team is currently looking to hire tutors for all subject areas and courses. Examples of some of the areas that we hire for include:
- Business (Finance, Management, Accounting, Marketing, etc.)
- Foreign Languages
- Social Sciences
- Criminal Justice
- and many more!
If you believe you can tutor in a wide range of courses that fall under any of the headings listed above, you may be a great fit for FAU's Academic Support Team!
Ready to Apply?
DEADLINE for Priority Review: June 1, 2022 at 11:59 pm
Please read the following information prior to applying for any of our positions:
1. Review information regarding the CLASS Tutoring program.
2. To be considered, you must have earned an A or A- in the course for which you're applying. Additionally, you must maintain a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
3. Pre-Semester Training is mandatory for all new and returning academic support team members. Please plan accordingly if you want a position on the FAU Undergraduate Studies Academic Support Team.
4. Mandatory team meetings/trainings will be held on specified Fridays from 3:30 pm-5:30 pm throughout the semester. If your schedule can accommodate these times to be free, we suggest you make that accommodation.
1. Be available for the mandatory meetings/trainings. Overall availability may make the difference in hiring one equally qualified person over another.
2. Attend sessions now. Get to know the program. Research FAU's academic support programs. The more you know coming into an interview, the better off you'll be.
3. Register for your classes as soon as possible. Make appointments with appropriate advisors well in advance of your registration date.
4. If invited for an interview, be on-time and ready to impress. The applicant pool is traditionally very competitive, so be ready to shine as brightly as possible.
5. Be yourself!