COVID-19 Facility Modifications
- Sneeze guards installed at Wellness Center front desk
- Additional hand sanitizer stations located on the fitness floor
- Water fountains and bottle filling stations are disabled
- Locker room showers are closed
- Equipment checkout will not be available
- Building capacity has been limited to 17 patrons
- Building hours of operation have been modified
Policies and Procedures
- Patrons are required to wear a face covering at all times
- Patrons are required to maintain physical distancing
- Patrons will be responsible for wiping down equipment before and after use with the provided wipes.
- Patrons will show their Owl Card or key tag at entry
- Patrons are only permitted to work out individually; group or partner workouts will not be allowed
- Spotting is not permitted. Patrons are asked to lift only the weight that they can comfortably and safely lift without assistance
Campus Recreation, also known as the Wellness Center, is located on the west side of the Davie Campus and is building BC51. The Wellness Center is a 3,400 square-foot, facility equipped with brand new cardio, strength, functional training and stretching equipment. It also offers group fitness classes, fitness evaluations, wellness programming, and fitness resources. All currently enrolled FAU students have a FREE membership. Memberships for faculty, staff, family and friends are also available.
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm & 1:30pm to 6:00pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm & 1:30pm to 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
All patrons will be required to exit the building from 1:00pm to 1:30pm and at building close to allow for disinfection.
*Opening date and hours subject to change