Mural Design Contest
Leave your mark on FAU with the Paint the Breezeway mural contest. Student Government and the Diversity Platform Council are searching for artwork that celebrates Florida Atlantic school spirit, diversity, and social justice to be added on the south end of the Breezeway. All artwork will be subjected to the approval of the selection committee. The winner(s) selected will receive a Student Government prize pack and have their pieces displayed in the Student Union. Deadline for submissions is Friday, Dec. 15.
Participants may submit designs that will be screened by a committee of students, staff, and administration. The winning design(s) will be used to create a mural at the corner of the Breezeway and Diversity Way. The winner(s) will receive a Student Government prize pack.
Only current Florida Atlantic University students, in good standing, may submit mural designs for the contest.
- All designs submitted will become the property of FAU and will not be returned.
- Designs limit of three(3) must be received by Friday, Dec. 15 to the Student Activities and Involvement office (second floor, Student Union, Boca Raton campus).
- Winner(s) will be announced by Monday, Dec. 25.
- FAU communications and public recognition will include winner(s) name and possible photo.
- The selection committee reserves the right to edit the final design(s) for the mural.
- An award will be presented to the winner(s).
Mural Design Requirements:
- A Registration Form must be completed for each design and submitted with it.
- A design description, no more than 200 words, must accompany design to explain artwork.
- Designs must be two-dimensional, vertical in orientation. File size no larger than 10MBs.
- Designs may be in any drawing or paint medium (Ex. pencil, pastel, ink, marker, watercolor, acrylic, oil, computer generated) in black and white or color, on paper, board, or canvas.
- Place Designer’s name on back of art.
- Designs should visually represent Florida Atlantic University, Owls, Boca Raton, South Florida, or a Paradise theme. Designs may reflect an historical perspective of the school’s history.
Terms and Conditions:
- Each design must be the original artwork of the person named on the Registration Form. Copyrighted or commercial images cannot be depicted.
- By submitting my artwork, I consent to the use of said artwork by Florida Atlantic University.
- I understand that my artwork will be used in part or whole for the Florida Atlantic University Mural Project, which will be located adjacent to the breezeway.
- I understand that if my artwork is selected, I will not be compensated for said artwork.