FAU Broward Community Engagement
FAU’s Broward campuses community engagement is committed to:
- Act as a resource, guiding individuals to the appropriate academic or administrative departments.
- Develop ideas for new and meaningful partnership programs and initiatives.
- Express community needs to the University.
- Inform the community about University news, programs and special events.
- Ensure that the University continues to play a significant role in the economic growth, wellness and cultural spirit of Broward County.
Community Engagement Classification
FAU classification for Community Engagement provides a special-purpose classification for higher education institutions. This designation indicates the institutional commitment to community engagement by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
The classification is not an award. It is intended to assist in a process of institutional change to improve the educational effectiveness of the campus through the institutionalization of community engagement. In this way, it is similar to an accreditation process of self-study. The classification framework represents best practices in the field and encourages continuous improvement through periodic re-classification.