Tech Runway Venture Program
The FAU Tech Runway Venture Program provides the most promising companies and talented entrepreneurs with the resources, services and guidance to build and scale their startups.
At Tech Runway, experts have created a program that harnesses and directs the entrepreneurial spirit, providing a complete ecosystem for forward-thinking entrepreneurs, innovative students, faculty, alumni and the community.
Applications are opened twice a year to be accepted into the Venture Program. Tech Runway seeks exceptional entrepreneurs and startups with high-growth potential and disruptive technologies. Companies accepted into the Venture Program often have a strategic alignment with FAU's research focus areas, including: drone technologies, educational technologies, environmental science, marine science, ocean engineering, neuroscience, healthy aging, big data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cyber security, sensing and smart systems. Learn more about FAU's strategic goals here.
Program participants receive more than $100,000 in resources and services, including but not limited to:
- Structured team-based mentoring
- Entrepreneurial education
- Customer discovery programming
- Introductions to potential sources of early-stage capital
- Programs and resources from FAU's Innovation and Business Development
- Marketing and business support from college interns
- Pitch practice opportunities
- Networking events
- Free co-working space based on availability
- Access to regional business and technology events
- Free office hours from premier professional support firms (attorneys, accountants, etc.)
Program pre-requisites (only required to do one program):
- The Market Validation Workshop is a customer discovery program that invites entrepreneurs to define their product market fit by conducting interviews with potential customers. Learn more.
- National Science Foundation I-Corps at FAU is for FAU faculty and student teams interested in grant proposals to develop and/or commercialize their research. Learn more.
Venture Class Graduates
VENTURE CLASS GRADUATES
Tech Runway's previous Venture Class companies make up a shared community of forward-thinking individuals. Learn about all the companies below.VIEW ALL
Venture Class 11 Applications are Closed
VENTURE CLASS 11
VC11 Application Deadline:
Sunday, Nov. 20 at 11:59 p.m.
Nov. 21 - Dec. 9
Finalists Notified No Later Than:
Monday, Dec. 19
Market Validation Workshop Kickoff:
Thursday, Jan. 26
Not Ready for the Venture Program?
Check out FAU's Innovation and Business Development pipeline to learn about other resources.
Have a Question? Email us at email@example.com.