Residential Move-in Information
Welcome to Your New Home!
On behalf of the Department of Housing and Residential Education at Florida Atlantic University, we would like to welcome you to Florida Atlantic University. Soon you will be moving into your home away from home. We are very excited to have you staying with us this year, and hope that you will find the answer to many of your questions regarding Move-In.
To get you started, we have compiled the following resources to make your Move-In as smooth as possible:
Move-In Dates and Times
We have created a schedule that promotes physical distancing.
- Students will be required to complete the Resident Information Card on the housing portal before they can select a move-in appointment
- Move-in will happen daily from 8am-6pm from August 18-August 23
- Students will sign up for a two-hour move-in time slot on their housing portal under Fall 2020 Move in.
- Students will be able to select a date and time to arrive:
- First Year Students/ New Transfer Students:
- Boca Raton Campus: August 18-21
- John D. MacArthur Campus (Jupiter): August 18-19
- Returning Students:
- Boca Raton Campus: August 20-23
- John D. MacArthur Campus (Jupiter): August 20-23
- First Year Students/ New Transfer Students:
- Student will receive a confirmation email, which will include their selected appointment time and their personalized barcode to use during move-in. Please note that students can either print the confirmation email out or have it accessible during the move-in process.
Students may make their move-in appointment beginning July 20, 2020 until August 13 at 11:59 p.m.
Please finalize travel plans prior to scheduling an appointment.
Day of Move-In
- Move-in will be a touchless process. Students will complete all forms online and check- in via a barcode that is sent once the student selects a move-in appointment.
- Students will be limited to two guests to assist with move-in.
- No children or pets are permitted. Only certified service animals are permitted.
- Residents and their move-in assistants will be expected to follow CDC guidelines and any state, county, or city orders at all times. This includes bringing and wearing personal protective equipment (face coverings and/or gloves), practicing social distancing and frequently washing hands when in the buildings.
- Residents are required to follow social distancing guidelines when utilizing elevators. Limiting passengers will be practiced. Use a covered hand or elbow to press the buttons.
- All students and helpers will be required to wear face coverings when on campus.
- Carts will be wiped down and sanitized after every use by a staff member. Students also have the option to bring their own dolly or hand-truck.
- Parking permits are not required on move-in day. Do not park on sidewalks, on the grass or in ADA spaces.
Students will be provided a welcome package, which includes two washable face coverings, a touchless tool, COVID-19 information, and virtual floor meeting information.
What to Bring
- Bed Linens
- GPT/HPT/IRT/UVA/PAR- (Twin XL)
- Towels, Wash clothes, etc.,
- Cleaning supplies, antibacterial recommended
- Surge Protector (see website for guidelines)
- Clothes hangers
- Laundry bag/basket and detergent
- First Aid Kits/thermometers
- Hand Sanitizer and Hand Soap
- Face covering
- Small Microwave/Fridge
- Hurricane supplies (flashlight, batteries, etc)
- Room Decorations (pictures, blue painters tape)
- Padlock for lockable storage unit
- Coffee mug, drinking cups, assorted containers
- Frequently Asked Questions - A list of the most frequently asked questions regarding move-in, staying in the residence halls, and much more.
- Residence Hall Information - Information about each residence hall, their amenities, and things you’ll want to know as a resident there.
- Directions to Campus - Getting to campus on move-in day is half of the challenge! Click here to see where the FAU campus is, and find navigation directions.
- Parking Map - Finding your way to the appropriate staging area for your move-in can be confusing, and knowing where to park after you'vemoved in is important! Checking out this parking map will help you before you arrive! Students should order their permanent parking decals prior to arriving on-campus, to do so visit the Parking and Transportation Website.
- Move-in Day: Parking and Transportation - Instructions for parking for Fall Move-in day
- Campus Map - Navigating a new campus can be challenging, so be sure to check-out the campus map to each residence hall/apartment building, and know where to go on Move-In Day.
- Weeks of Welcome (WOW) - Once you’re on-campus, you’ll want to start meeting people, learning as much as you can about Florida Atlantic University, and all that it has to offer.