SIGN UP FOR ON-CAMPUS HOUSING
The housing contract for Spring 2021 will be available starting on October 1 at 8:30 a.m. Students may access the Spring 2021 housing contract through the Housing Self Service portal. Housing assignments for new spring 2021 residents will be sent to students FAU email accounts starting in early December. Please note that students who are required to live on-campus will be assigned first.
We encourage all students to sign up early for on-campus housing. Housing does fill up quickly. The contract date is a consideration in the housing assignment process.
Newly accepted first time in college students who will start during summer 2021 may complete their housing contract starting December 1 through the Housing Self Service portal. The priority deadline for first time in college students to apply for summer housing is May 1. First time in college students starting for summer 3 must also complete a housing contract for fall 2021 - spring 2022.
Current students and transfer students may complete a summer housing contract starting on March 1 through the Housing Self Service portal.
Summer 1 and 2 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account starting in late April. Summer 3 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account starting at the end of May.
We encourage all students to sign up early for on-campus housing. Housing does fill up quickly. The contract date and course registration are a consideration in the housing assignment process.
Students are not able to request roommates or suitemates for the summer term.
FALL 2021 - SPRING 2021
The housing contract for Fall 2021 – Spring 2022 will be available starting December 1 for newly accepted first time in college students who will start during Summer 2021 or Fall 2021. All newly accepted first time in college students should complete their housing contract by the May 1 priority deadline. Housing fills up quickly and space becomes extremely limited. Students may access the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 housing contract though the Housing Self Service portal. Housing assignments will be made during the summer. Assignments are emailed to the students FAU email account starting in June and are sent weekly.
Current spring 2021 residents may complete a Fall 2021 – Spring 2021 housing contract starting February 1 – 12 through the contract renewal process. The housing contract renewal process provides current residents with the priority to renew their housing contract and preference their room type.
New transfer students and current students who do not live on-campus during spring 2021 may complete a housing contract starting on February 15.
The contract date and course registration are a consideration in the housing assignment process.
Students applying for Spring 2021 follow the steps below:
- Login to the Housing Self Service Portal with your username and password. (NOTE: You must have a FAUNetID and password.)
- Click on Housing Application and select the blue Apply button to start your application.
- Read through the terms and conditions of the contract before agreeing to it! Very important – the FAU Housing Agreement is a legally binding document. It is similar to a lease, so do not submit unless you read and agree to the terms stating that you want to live on campus. Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
- The next few web pages will be the Housing Contract questions page. Answer all Housing Contract questions as these answers are very important to us.
- You will select a meal plan if you are a first time to college student or preference a residence hall which requires a meal plan.
- A non-refundable administration charge of $100 is required for all first time applicants or students who had a break in their semester housing for an academic semester. (We accept all major credit cards and electronic check as payment.)
- Upon successful completion and submission of your online contract, you will receive an email confirming your contract was completed. Please check your FAU email account for the confirmation email. If you do not receive an email confirmation your submission failed. We will not be able to process your contract and you will have to resubmit the contract.
Important Tips for New Students:
- Spaces are limited and fill up quickly, so sign up early.
- Housing placement is prioritized to students who are outside of 30 miles from campus and are required to reside on-campus. Students who are from within 30 miles of the Boca Raton campus will be assigned housing after all students who are not from a commutable distance have been assigned.
- There are very few single rooms, and we cannot guarantee single rooms for everyone who makes the request. The earlier you sign up, the better your chances will be to get your priority building or room type.
- The housing contract covers only the Spring 2021 semester; you are responsible for the term of the contract.
- Students living in the residence halls are required to participate in the Campus Meal Plan Program. For information, please visit our Dining Services page.
- If you plan to request special housing considerations based upon a disability or health concern, you must register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). In order to register, you must submit an SAS Application for Support Services and appropriate documentation of your disability. You must have registered with SAS by May 1 for summer, June 1 for fall and November 1 for Spring.
- We are unable to match roommates for students who contract for spring only or summer only terms. However, first time in college students may request up to one roommate or suitemate for an academic year housing contract that starts in fall. The deadline for first time in college students to request a roommate is April 1. Requests are completed through the Roommate Request page of the Fall 2021 – Spring 2022 housing contract. Please note that roommate requests take priority over room type preferences (i.e. single room). Roommate matching is not guaranteed; however, we will make every attempt to match roommates that are mutually requested by April 1. The date your housing contract was completed is a consideration when matching roommates. Returning students who participate in the housing contract renewal process may preference roommates and suitemates only during the priority housing contract renewal process.