Starting Nov. 5, current FAU students enrolled in classes during the Fall 2018 semester will be able to complete a housing contract for the fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters. Once a housing contract is successfully submitted, students may self-select their space during the room selection process. Visit the room selection timeline page for more information about the room selection process. To complete your housing contract, log into the Housing Self Service Portal on or after Nov. 5 and self-select your room for the 2019-20 academic year.
Current FAU students who submit their housing contract after November 15 will be assigned housing by Housing and Residential Education staff on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Newly admitted first time to college students and transfer students for summer 2019 and fall 2019 may complete a contract starting Dec. 1.
We encourage all students to sign up early for on-campus housing. Contract date is a consideration in the housing assignment process.
Current students and summer admitted students may access the summer 2019 housing contract though the Housing Self Service portal. First time in college students who start during the summer 3 term must also complete a housing contract for fall 2019 - spring 2020. Summer 1 and 2 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account starting in late April. Summer 3 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account starting at the end of May.
FALL 2019 - SPRING 2020
Current students, transfer students and admitted first time to college students may access the fall 2019 and spring 2020 housing contract though the Housing Self Service portal. Housing assignments will be made during the summer. Assignments are emailed to the students FAU email account starting in June and are sent weekly.
Students applying for Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 follow the steps below:
- Login to the Housing Self Service Portal with your username and password. (NOTE: You must have a FAUNetID and password.)
- Click on the Application term and the blue Apply button to start your application.
- Read through the terms and conditions of the contract before agreeing to it! Very important – the FAU Housing Agreement is a legally binding document. It is similar to a lease, so do not submit unless you read and agree to the terms stating that you want to live on campus. Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
- The next few web pages will be the Housing Contract questions page. Answer all Housing Contract questions as these answers are very important to us.
- For Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 term, you will select a meal plan if you are a first time to college student or preference a residence hall which requires a meal plan.
- A non-refundable administration charge of $100 is required for all first time applicants or students who had a break in their semester housing for an academic semester. (We accept all major credit cards and electronic check as payment.)
- Upon successful completion and submission of your online contract, you will receive an email confirming your contract was completed. Please check your FAU email account for the confirmation. If you do not receive an email confirmation your submission failed. We will not be able to process your contract and you will have to resubmit the contract.
Important Tips for Prospective Students:
- Spaces are limited and fill up quickly, so sign up early. Housing assignments
- Housing placement is prioritized to students who are outside of 30 miles from campus the Boca Raton campus. Students who are from within 30 miles of the Boca Raton campus will be assigned housing after all students who are not from a commutable distance have been assigned.
- There are very few single rooms, and we cannot guarantee single rooms for everyone who makes the request. The earlier you sign up, the better your chances will be to get your priority building or room type.
- The housing contract covers the Spring semester; you are responsible for the term of the contract.
- Students living in the residence halls are required to participate in the Campus Meal Plan Program. For information, please visit our Dining Services page.
- If you plan to request special housing considerations based upon a disability or health concern, you must register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). In order to register, you must submit an SAS Application for Support Services and appropriate documentation of your disability. You must have registered with SAS by May 1 for Summer in order for your request to be considered.