SIGN UP FOR ON-CAMPUS HOUSING
Current students may access the summer 2020 housing contract though the Housing Self Service portal.
University Housing will not be available to new FAU students for summer 2020 except for students with extenuating circumstances. Those students who require housing due to extenuating circumstances should contact the Department of Housing & Residential Education at 561-297-2880 or email@example.com.
Summer 1 and 2 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account in early May. Summer 3 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account in early June.
FALL 2020 - SPRING 2021
The housing contract for Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 is no longer available. If you would like to be added to the housing wait list please click on Sign Up Today to enter the housing portal. Please complete the Housing Wait List form to be added to the wait list. Students who are on the wait list will be notified if space becomes available and at that time will be given 72 hours to complete a housing contract. Please note the housing wait list is not a guaranteed for on-campus housing.
Students who have completed a housing contract will receive their housing assignment during the summer. Assignments are emailed to the students FAU email account starting in June and are sent weekly.
firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire if they are able to be added to the waiting list.
Summer 2020, Fall 2020 - Spring 2021
Students applying for housing follow the steps below:
- Login to the Housing Self Service Portal with your username and password. (NOTE: You must have a FAUNetID and password.)
- Click on the Application term and the blue Apply button to start your application.
- Read through the terms and conditions of the contract before agreeing to it! Very important – the FAU Housing Agreement is a legally binding document. It is similar to a lease, so do not submit unless you read and agree to the terms stating that you want to live on campus. Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
- The next few web pages will be the Housing Contract questions page. Answer all Housing Contract questions as these answers are very important to us.
- For Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 term You will select a meal plan if you are a first time to college student or preference a residence hall which requires a meal plan.
- A non-refundable administration charge of $100 is required for all first time applicants or students who had a break in their semester housing for an academic semester. (We accept all major credit cards and electronic check as payment.)
- Upon successful completion and submission of your online contract, you will receive an email confirming your contract was completed. Please check your FAU email account for the confirmation. If you do not receive an email confirmation your submission failed. We will not be able to process your contract and you will have to resubmit the contract.
Important Tips for Prospective Students:
- Spaces are limited and fill up quickly, so sign up early.
- Housing placement is prioritized to students who are outside of 30 miles from campus and are required to reside on-campus. Students who are from within 30 miles of the Boca Raton campus will be assigned housing after all students who are not from a commutable distance have been assigned.
- There are very few single rooms, and we cannot guarantee single rooms for everyone who makes the request. The earlier you sign up, the better your chances will be to get your priority building or room type.
- The housing contract covers only the Summer 2020 term or Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 semester; you are responsible for the term of the contract.
- Students living in the residence halls are required to participate in the Campus Meal Plan Program. For information, please visit our Dining Services page.
- If you plan to request special housing considerations based upon a disability or health concern, you must register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). In order to register, you must submit an SAS Application for Support Services and appropriate documentation of your disability. You must have registered with SAS by November 1 for Spring, May 1 for Summer and June 1 in order for your request to be considered.
- First year students requesting a roommate for Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 must complete the roommate request by April 1. You may request one roommate and the request must be mutual. Requests are completed through the Roommate Request page of the Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 housing contract. Please note that roommate requests take priority over room type preferences (i.e. single room, double room). Roommate matching is not guaranteed; however, we will make every attempt to match roommates that are mutually requested by April 1. The date your housing contract was completed is a consideration when matching roommates.