FAQ - Contract Cancellation

How do I cancel my Housing Contract?

In order to cancel your Housing Contract, you must complete our Cancellation Request form. Cancellation fees are based on the date of submission to our office. In some cases, there will be no cancellation fees applicable. These cases include: 
• Denial of Admission to the University.
• Academic Suspension or Dismissal by the deadlines in the contract.
• Graduation and will not continue enrollment.

For Residents who are living on campus already, please review the contract terms online, once you have reviewed the contract terms, please complete the online cancellation form. For any contract agreement questions, please contact the main housing office at 561-297-0214.

How can I appeal the buy-out charges/rent charges/cancellation fees?

If you wish to appeal the housing contract charges, you may submit a letter to the Director of Residential Education explaining any extenuating circumstances which will be handled on a case by case basis. Please submit your appeals to housing@fau.edu for review.