College of Education Student Teaching
The Office for Academic and Student Services (OASS) provides the connection between our teacher candidates and local service school districts. Our current relationships exist with the following School Districts: Broward, Palm Beach, Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, and Okeechobee. As part of our teacher preparation program requirements, students participate in a full-time capstone experience within school district classrooms.
All placements must be arranged through our office
Qualifications for Student Teaching
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Passing Scores on all sections of the Florida Teacher Certification Exam (FTCE)
- Successful completion of all degree coursework
- Complete student teaching application
- Successful completion of district security clearance process
Important Application Dates
|Student Teaching Semester||Online Application Opens||Application Due Date||Last Day to Submit Passing Scores on All Sections of the FTCE|
|Fall Student Teaching||December 1st||January 31st||March 31st|
|Spring Student Teaching||August 1st||September 15th||November 15th|
Application Instructions – Both Steps must be completed by the Posted Application Due Date
- Complete the Online Placement Application
- Turn in 1 copy of passing FTCE (Subject Area AND Professional Ed.) Scores OR evidence of a test registration date to any Office for Academic and Student Services Office.