2019-2020 Meeting Schedule
Faculty Assembly Meetings
All Faculty Assembly meetings will take place in Room 313, COE, Boca Raton Campus, with teleconferences in LA-455 on the Davie Campus and EC-202C the Jupiter Campus.
The FA meeting dates (all 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., teleconferenced to all three campuses):
- Friday, Sept. 20th
- Friday, Nov. 1st
- Friday, Jan. 24th
- Friday, April 10th
Faculty Assembly Steering Committee Representatives
- Meredith Mountford, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michael Frain, Vice President (email@example.com)
- Carol Tessel, Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Katie Miller, Archivist (email@example.com)
- Andres Ramirez, CCEI (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carol Tessel, CSD (email@example.com)
- Kelly Emelianchik-Key, CE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mary Lieberman, ELRM (email@example.com)
- Jack Scott, ESE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bessie Dernikos, TL (email@example.com)
- Traci Catto, OASS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Faculty Assembly Steering Committee Dates
(all 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., except where noted; not teleconferenced, but reps may join in by phone conference):
All FASC meetings will take place in the Dean’s Conference Room, Boca Raton Campus
- Friday, Sept. 6th (9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and FA Executive Committee meeting with the Dean from 11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.)
- Friday, Oct. 25th
- Friday, Jan. 10th
- Friday, April 3rd
Faculty Assembly Executive Committee (FAEC)
- Meredith Mountford, President
- Michael Frain, Vice President
- Carol A. Tessel, Secretary
- Katie Miller, Archivist
The Faculty Assembly Executive Committee will meet with Dean Stephen Silverman directly following the FASC meetings, 12 p.m. -1 p.m., except where noted.
The higher education Faculty of the College of Education is a community of scholars dedicated to the concept that policy making within a college be decentralized to the faculty level. The intent is that policy in the College of Education shall be made in a collegial fashion by the Dean and the Faculty Assembly working cooperatively.
The Assembly is committed to the following governing principles:
- Academic freedom. 
- Open democratic communication and participation.
- Sustaining and creating opportunities for faculty voice in all aspects of the College of Education governance.
- Commitment to a professional ethic that supports multiple/ alternative perspectives.
All full-time members of the higher education faculty of the College who hold tenure or all members who have tenure-earning positions, are voting members except those on leave of absence, sabbatical, or medical leave. This includes chairs, associate deans and deans who hold tenured or tenure-earning positions.