Opportunities For Clinical Practicum On Campus (3 Semesters)
The CDC: a Diversity of Clients Affording a Breadth and Depth of Experience
Variety of populations and disorders.
- Variety of ages: young as one year old up to adults in their 90’s.
- Stroke, traumatic brain injury, or other neurological disorder;
- Language delay, sound-system disorder, congenital condition
- Down Sydrome, Autism Spectrum Disorder(s)
- Language and/or speech therapy, associated reading and writing difficulties, following directions; conditions that manifest associated language, speech, and social issues/pragmatics.
Building 47(College of Education): first and fourth floors.
- The CDC: ACI (Academy for Community Inclusion)
- The CDC: SPEAK OUT! © and Loud Crowd for Parkinson’s
The CDC: Support Group and Remote therapy
- Fluency Support Group, First Wednesday of month, 7 pm
- Fluency Therapy remotely with Rwanda clients
The CDC: Language and Cognitive Therapy for the Older Population
- Louis and Anne Green Memory and Wellness Center, #Az 79: Communications Group and a Parkinson’s Group
The CDC: Preschool known for research Students also may work with very young children at the on-campus pre-school, as follows:
- Karen Slattery Educational Research Center for Child Development, ages 3 months through preschool, administering screenings, diagnostics, and therapy.