Upward Bound Classic Program
Our services are provided at the following High schools: Blanche Ely, Boyd Anderson, Coconut Creek and Dillard.
The goal of the program is to help students with academic potential who need additional preparation and motivation prepare for, enter, and succeed in college.
UPWARD BOUND PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Information on post-secondary education opportunities.
- Assistance preparing for college entrance exams.
- Assistance completing application for college.
- Assistance completing applications for financial aid and scholarships.
- A monthly stipend during the academic school year and during the summer.
- Scholarship Opportunities
STUDENTS CAPITALIZE ON A MULTITUDE OF SERVICES SUCH AS:
- Weekly After-School Enrichment.
- Peer Mentoring
- College Preparatory Workshop
- College Tours, Field Trips and Social/Cultural Events
- Six-Week Summer Enrichment & A One-Week Residential Component
- Community Partnership Opportunities
- Community Service Projects