Upward Bound Math/ Science Program
Our services are provided at the following High schools: Blanche Ely, Hallandale, McArthur, Northeast and South Broward.
The goal of the program is to help students recognize and develop their potential to excel in math and science and to encourage them to pursue postsecondary degrees in math and science, and ultimately careers in the math and science profession. We work closely to help students build the academic skills necessary for success in college by providing counseling, ACT/SAT preparation, tutoring, cultural activities, - all at no cost to the students or the school!
UPWARD BOUND PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Information on post-secondary education opportunities.
- Assistance preparing for college entrance exams.
- Assistance completing application for college.
- Assistance completing applications for financial aid and scholarships.
- A monthly stipend during the academic school year and during the summer with active participation.
- Scholarship Opportunities
STUDENTS CAPITALIZE ON A MULTITUDE OF SERVICES SUCH AS:
- Weekly After-School Enrichment.
- Peer Mentoring
- College Preparatory Workshop
- College Tours, Field Trips and Social/Cultural Events
- Six-Week Summer Enrichment & A One-Week Residential Component
- Community Partnership Opportunities
- Community Service Projects
- Summer Bridge (up to 6 credits)