Designing Your Mid-Term Grade Improvement Plan
You just received a mid-term grade email which states you are currently earning a “C” or below in one or more of your classes. Now what? Sounds like the time for a new plan.
Here are some steps you can take:
: Don’t ignore this opportunity to improve your grades. There is still time to turn things around and maximize your class experience.
Getting the Most from Your Plan
Every good plan begins with a thorough assessment of the situation. Here are some questions to consider prior to beginning your planning process:
- What is my goal for this class?
- What am I doing well? What is working?
- What is challenging me or causing me to stumble?
- Am I spending the time needed in this class to achieve my goal?
- Am I using the resources that FAU has to support me?
- Do I need to add new or different study strategies to my approach?
- Do I need to improve my notes/notetaking?
- Am I studying and comprehending the information that I will need for the quizzes or exams I take?
- What must I overcome in order to achieve my academic goal for this class?
- What am I going to do to change my situation?
Best results occur when you are honest with yourself!