Business Spotlight: Propelling New Startups
FAU Tech Runway Announces Venture Class 10
By Paige Russo
FAU Tech Runway welcomed 19 companies into its venture class 10 to help them grow and thrive.
In the span of one year, the cohort will receive more than $100,000 worth of entrepreneurial resources and services through Tech Runway’s venture program, including: team-based mentoring, introductions to potential sources of early-stage capital, entrepreneurial education, free co-working space and access to guidance within the FAU Innovation and Business Development pipeline.
“The incoming venture class 10 shares a range of innovative ideas that align with FAU’s top research areas, including ocean engineering and educational technologies,” said Jessica Beaver, associate director of FAU Tech Runway. "This is the first cohort to participate under the umbrella of FAU’s Innovation and Business Development, a pipeline of resources created to continue their journey to turn ideas into success.”
Here’s a glance of the companies accepted into the cohort:
- 365Learn: a comprehensive learning management system that is intuitive, flexible, scalable, and customizable for teachers and students.
- aDubb: a web application that offers on-demand access to dubbed media on the internet in many languages.
- AIRGLIDE LLC: AIRGLIDE has an Enhanced Air Lubrication Systems that reduces frictional drag, fuel consumption and carbon emissions by 10 percent and offers savings of $160 billion annually.
- ARC LLC: develops a wearable personal protective equipment and consumer orthotics called ActiveBraces, that increases body efficiency and wellness.
- Argon Agency: a platform that provides clear, customized digital marketing campaigns more than a traditional digital marketing agency.
- Best Candidate: a mobile application to help election candidates and voters communicate with each other effectively by offering a host of media packages related to the candidate’s campaign.
- C.A.R.D.D. Gel: a hydrogel that is composed of a chitosan and metal ions that carries various drug and pharmaceutical compounds to be absorbed in the body at a certain rate of time.
- Emergency Ventures: builds technology to connect and serve citizens, volunteers and emergency managers in disasters.
- EV Tech International LLC: an electric vehicle trade school, starting in Florida and will expand into other states to train students on electric vehicle drivetrain diagnostics, repairs and critical safety procedures.
- EyeLead: a revolutionary shopping experience for customers and owners that focuses on using innovation.
- FearlessMind: develops applications and products that analyzes and characterizes one’s fears through personal data collection and analytics.
- Flo-Ops: a student assistant application that merges the academic and non-academic world by building community while enhancing collaboration, communication and organization.
- Impact Achievement Learning Center: a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing students with a productive learning environment that develops independent learners into integrating real-world skill sets.
- Kin Technologies, Inc.: a searchable, intelligently organized, private cloud storage for military members and their families.
- PAKE Talent Solutions LLC: a recruiting software solution. Professors refer their best students, and we help those students get great jobs. PAKE is an easy-to-use, fast, affordable way for recruiters to increase sales.
- TakeOutBuddy: An environmentally efficient reusable modular food carrier system purpose built for third-party delivery drivers.
- The Brack Institute: a local nonprofit that narrows the opportunity gap between classes and provides free student success support.
- Vi-Chain: Blockchain based data-sharing solution among vehicles for achieving secured and immutable event handling while incentivize drivers to drive safely on the roads.
- Owwll: a platform that connects professionals with advice seekers, making it easy to find and provide advice. It provides the opportunity to interact in real time through live voice calls and promotes a personalized experience.
FAU Tech Runway is powered by FAU’s Innovation and Business Development pipeline.
If you would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com.