The Creative Services team within the Division of Public Affairs has award-winning designers available to work with you on creating the most effective communications materials to meet your objectives, budget and schedule. The team is expert at creating:
- Direct Mail Campaigns
- Email Communications
- Event Materials (programs, invitations, signage, etc.)
- Multi-piece Campaign Collateral
- Web Graphics
- If applicable, contact the FAU Communications Network representative for your area to discussion the project.
- Initial steps for units include:
- Collect approvals from those in your area who will need to sign off at any stage of the project.
- Locate possible images from the Photography Database and finalize text to be used. (NOTE: The design process will not begin until final text has been reviewed and approved by requesting unit and submitted to the designer.) All materials should adhere to the FAU Editorial Standards.
- Determine the deadline. See project timelines for guidelines of how long a project might take to complete.
- Complete the Creative Services Ticket Request.
- A designer will be assigned the project and, if necessary, you will be contacted to discuss the project. A creative brief will be prepared for your review and signature.
- The designer will create the material based on your objectives. Proofs will be provided in PDF files via email. (NOTE: Multiple design options are often not possible; the need for multiple designs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- While units are reviewing proofs, Creative Services will obtain cost estimates and production schedules (if project will be printed) from external vendors.
- Creative Services will choose the best vendor for each project and handling the proofing and entire print process.
- The Creative Services designer will make a maximum of two rounds of editorial changes. After two rounds, the project will receive lower priority and might be delayed.
- Final Approval and Printing
- Upon final approval of the design, you will need to obtain a purchase order number through the Purchasing Department process in Workday.
- You will be asked to include the PO number on a Print Authorization Form (PAF), which contains all specifications of the project (including cost and delivery information) and return to the signed PAF to the designer.
- Projects are not sent to the print vendor until a PO is secured and the signed PAF is returned to Creative Services.
- Billing Process
- All vendor invoices will be sent to the contact listed on the Creative Services ticket request. FAU units are responsible to completing the payment process after receiving printed materials.
The design and approval process generally can last 2-3 weeks. This does not include printing time. Complete project time from request to print delivery may vary depending on the nature of the project, if all necessary elements are provided to Creative Services in a timely manner, and how quickly units review and approval materials.
Please use these timelines (does not include printing time frames*) to plan your project.
|Business Cards/Notecards/Postcards||8 working days|
|Trifold Brochures/Event Programs||10-15 working days|
|Multiple Page Brochure^ (up to 12 pages)||15-20 working days|
|Posters||10-15 working days|
|Pull-Up/Vinyl Banners||10-15 working days|
|Reprint (no revisions)||8 working days|
|Reprint w/revisions||10-15 working days|
|HTML Email Blasts||10-15 working days|
|Web Images/Digital Graphics||Three Weeks|
*Creative Services works with multiple print vendors. Printing generally takes 5-20 business days from the date the project is sent to the vendor to delivery, depending on the project.
^Brochures/Programs larger than 12 pages will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Due to time constraints, only a limited amount of these projects can be accepted by Creative Services
- Offices considering environmental graphics (signage, wall wraps, etc.) should consult with Creative Services in conjunction with Facilities before contracting with an external vendors.
- Creative Services do not release logo packages. Internal FAU designers are provided appropriate logo sheets.
- Release of project native files is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Questions should be directed to Laurie Donahue (firstname.lastname@example.org).