How2FAU Parent Success Conference
2018 Date August 17, 2018
Registration for the Conference will launch in May 2018.
The How2FAU Parent Success Conference is for incoming parents interested in learning how to be of support to their college student. As a student begins their collegiate journey, parents find that the change from parent to guide/mentor becomes challenging. This program aims to provide additional support to parents who are interested in learning how to best assist their college student.
Learning Outcomes for Parent Success Conference
- Recognize the needs of students new to FAU as they begin their FAU experience including classes and available academic support resources.
- Become successful facilitators for their college student through the understanding of how to help students in their first year at FAU.
- Learn how your student is growing and maturing into independent adults.
- Understand the residential education curriculum and how parents play a role in the development of student living.
- Become informed on campus safety and how to assist your student in safety, self-awareness and campus resources.
- Gain a better understanding of parenting a college student through parent to parent conversation
- Assist students in developing a plan for student involvement/engagement and career planning
This program is FREE for parents and families to attend.