Connecting to 'fauwpa2' Wireless
fauwpa2 is intended for faculty and staff who need to run critical business applications such as Banner over the wireless.
- Secure network
- Run critical applications such as Banner over wireless
- Encrypted using WPA2
- Login with FAUNet ID & password
For instructions on how to connect to FAUWPA2 on Windows 10 please visit here
Please note - If you have already tried to connect to FAUWPA2 and were unsuccessful, you will need to remove the wireless profile before you follow the steps below. To remove the wireless profile, refer to these steps under the task “Delete a profile”: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/manage-wireless-network-profiles.
- Click on the icon that represents your wireless network and select "Open Network and Sharing Center".
- The "Network and Sharing Center" should have opened. In the middle of the window, click on "Setup a new connection or network".
- Click on "Manually connect to a wireless network”
- Set the following information then click on "Next."
Network name: fauwpa2
Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: AES
- Click “Change connection settings”.
- Click on the "Security" tab near the top and click the "Settings" button next to "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)”
- Remove the check in the box to the left of “Validate server certificate”. Then, press the "Configure" button next to “Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2).
- A smaller box will pop up. Uncheck "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)". Then click the “OK” button.
- Left Click on the icon that represents your wireless network
- Select fauwpa2 and click “Connect”.
- After clicking on the “Connect”, you will need to enter your FAUNet Id and password.
- You are now connected to fauwpa2 and you may begin to browse.
1. Click on the Wireless icon in the menu bar, and select “fauwpa2.”
2. Enter you FAUNet ID and password in the credential window.
3. Click Join
4. You are now connected to FAUWPA2