Interested in Joining our Team?
Apply to be a 2018-2019 Peer Coach!
The Mentoring Project is seeking 25 talented women and men who demonstrate leadership in class and on-campus.
Peer Coaches help new students adjust to life at FAU. As a Peer Coach, you support the academic and personal transition of students enrolled through the Jump Start program by co-facilitating a learning strategies course (SLS 1411) and by offering individualized coaching to your students. Peer Coaches each support approximately 50 first-year students by making personalized recommendations regarding campus resources; by encouraging engagement on campus; by teaching study, time management, and other academic success skills; and, by modeling responsible and healthy decision-making.
If you are invested in helping other students succeed academically and personally, this position might be the right fit for you.
The Mentoring Project plans to hire 25 Peer Coaches for the 2018-2019 academic year. First-round interviews will be scheduled as applications are received with second rounds (class facilitation demonstrations) scheduled for the week of March 19-24. Preference will be given to applicants who apply by Thursday, March 1 but will be accepted until all positions are filled.
• $ 9 per hour; increase available to returning peer coaches contingent on performance review
• Paid training and course planning time
• If desired, you will be eligible to earn a transcript notation for your work as a Peer Coach through the Career Center’s Internship Course
• Graduate Students enrolled in a credit-bearing internship course, will be eligible for partial compensation (5 hours per week and up to 10 hours of training time).
• Graduate students who are not enrolled in a credit-bearing internship course, but who hold a GA or GTA position are eligible to work a maximum of eight hours per week in this position after obtaining approval through the Graduate College (Form 10).
• Graduate students who are not enrolled in a credit-bearing internship class and who do not hold a GA or GTA position, will be compensated for all scheduled work and training hours.
• Collaboration with a dynamic and selective group of student leaders
• The personal reward of knowing that your work directly supports the success of other students here at FAU!
You can read and download the full job description and position requirements here.
Ready to Apply? Our application is on-line here.
Meet the 2017-2018 Peer Coaches