Post-Baccalaureate Program Proposed Schedule
The Medical Postbac Program is offered twice a year, in July and January. For each of these two classes, the program entails 12 months of preparation to apply to medical school, divided into two sections:
The first section comprises 16 preparatory weeks of intense and immersed in-person activities. The second section consists of approximately 36 weeks for periodic advising through virtual meetings with the program's leadership.
The First Section involves:
- Personal Development.
- MCAT Preparation.
- Independent Study (1 Credit).
- Community Service.
- Standardized Patients.
- Research Initiative (students with no Research experience).
- Networking – connection with medical students and faculty.
The Second Section involves:
- Review applications to medical schools.
- Review personal statements.
- Review secondaries.
- Provide updated Committee Letter of Recommendation.
- Identify the most suitable medical schools to apply.
- Practice additional mock interviews.
- Regular follow-up meetings.
- Continuous networking with Medical Postbac Program alumni.