Announcements and Updates
Review the upcoming Fall Semester hours for the Open Computer Labs.
View the Teaching Tools section to learn more about the web-conferencing tool Zoom.
Regardless of your methodology or approach, recorded live lectures with students (in which their name, voice, and/or video is used) should not be downloaded or reused in any other course, section, or semester or shared with anyone outside of those registered for that particular course. Doing so, is a violation of student privacy and FERPA regulations.
View the Summer & Fall Course Build Stipend section for more information.
The University Single Sign On System will briefly undergo maintenance from 6:00 am to 7:00 am Thursday, August 6. During this period users may be unable to login to Canvas, Workday, Banner Self Service, OwlDone, Google Applications, Office 365, Ezproxy,…
Here are key tips and resources to help you make the shift to teaching online.
What you can do now
- Stay informed with the Academic Affairs COVID-19 Updates.
- Create a strategy on how you will deliver your class online. See our Teaching Strategies page to get started.
- Encourage students to use the Keep Learning site, which provides them with information to help in this learning transition.
- Familiarize yourself with Canvas and WebEx and make sure you can access these resources on your devices (laptop, tablet, desktop computer, etc).
- Communicate often with your students and colleagues.
- Expect ongoing changes, and be patient with your students – and with yourself – as we all adjust to a new learning environment.
- Be Cyber Aware and visit our Online Security Basics.
- You can access more great tips by visiting our Helpdesk Article.
Basic Tech Requirements
Hardware and Internet
- Devices to connect such as a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet
- Stable high-speed internet access (DSL, cable, hotspot, home or public Wi-Fi)
- Computer Speakers
- Headset with microphone (highly recommended to reduce background noise)
- Webcam - Don't have a webcam?
- Microsoft Office 365
- Current versions of a web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Safari
- Check out our Minimum and Recommended Computer Configurations.
- If using a Mobile Device, it's recommended to download corresponding Mobile Apps:
For a complete list of devices and their software capabilities, please refer to the document below.