Iᶟ @ FAU - International Integration Initiative
I³ @ FAU seeks to engage international students and scholars within the university and surrounding community for the purpose of providing a full and positive American university experience through educational, cultural, social, and service opportunities. By participating in university life, international students and scholars contribute to expanding and enhancing global perspectives and learning for all students, faculty, and staff.
Please view the calendar of activities for Fall 2019
(**in a time of the office transition, some of the below activities/programs may not be taking place in the Fall 2019 semester; we apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you updated**)
- International Student Orientation
- Academic Advisors trained to work with international students
- Career and Employment Preparation
- Seminar for International Teaching Assistants (SITA)
- English Conversation Group
The International Friends Program provides opportunities for current FAU students (domestic and international) to serve as international welcome ambassadors, orientation leaders, or peer mentors. The program promotes cultural exchange and friendships among U.S. and international students, intercultural communication, and opportunities for student involvement in international activities across the university.
Students can apply to join the program throughout the year. Information and training sessions are held every fall, spring, and summer.
Global Student Leadership programs provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills and take on leadership roles in a global/multicultural context.
The American Collegiate Experience allows international students to experience the richness of student life and make new friends with whom they share common interests regardless of country, language, or cultural background. We accomplish this by intentionally engaging students in:
The Weekend Bridge Program expands the cultural experience through familiarization the exciting aspects of life in South Florida and beyond. International and domestic students explore sites such as:
- Local trips to the Morikami Museum & Gardens, Mizner Park, Everglades National Park, Gumbo Limbo Sea Turtle & Conservation
- Camping excursions
Global Lunch & Learn Series offers opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to gain knowledge and share insights for teaching, serving, and supporting international students and scholars.
- For students: American classroom culture; academic honesty; on-campus jobs & internships; transportation; banking/finances
- For faculty and staff: teaching and engaging international students; academic advisor round table; hiring students and other foreign nationals
- International Education Week celebrates the benefits of international education and exchange through different activities hosted every fall semester during the third week of November. Join this year's events between November 16 and November 20.
- Festival of Nations celebrates international diversity through cultural presentations, music and dance performances, food tastings, and more. The event is held every spring semester in April.