OWL START is designed for new international and Intensive English Institute students. Students spend four weeks living on campus, perfecting English language skills, learning the culture of the North American classroom, and participating in field trips and excursions. OWL START offers students the opportunity to get on campus early and get a head start towards your academic journey.
1. Become familiar with Boca Raton, FL and FAU.
2. Develop fluency in the themed instruction: “Life at FAU”, “Academic Life” and “Life in the USA”.
3. Develop skills to help you complete successful life tasks in the USA:
· campus safety
· opening a bank account
· finding a place to live and understanding a lease
· setting up cell phone service
· preparing and obtaining a driver’s license
· understanding student rules and regulations.
4. Prepare for Academic Life at FAU
5. Prepare for the IEI’s Academic Track ESL Placement Test